Friday, October 2, 2009

Cauldron Dip

This is one of my favorites from last year. Growing up I hated peppers. DID. NOT. LIKE. THEM. A few years ago we were at a family function and I watched as my two young cousins (I think they were 2 and 3) went nuts over the peppers. I decided that if a small child loved peppers so much, maybe I should give them another chance. I still don't care for green peppers, but I add the colorful ones to EVERYTHING.
Also, if you don't want to buy a whole bag of rye bread for one bowl, I just bought a small cauldron dish and used it instead.

Cauldron Dip
1 cup (8 oz.) sour cream
1 Tbsp. dried parsley flakes
1 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 slice soft dark rye bread
1 each medium sweet red, yellow and orange pepper, julienned
10 pretzel rods, broken in half
----------
In a small bowl, combine sour cream, parsley, sugar, onion powder, garlic salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
Flatten bread with a rolling pin. Press over an inverted greased 10-oz. custard cup. Top with another 10-oz. custard cup. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 7 minutes. Carefully remove top dish. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until bread is lightly toasted. Immediately remove the bread form dish. Cool.
Fill bread bowl with dip. Arrange peppers and pretzels under and around bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment