Friday, September 25, 2009

Tips & Tricks

Tonight while making bread & scones I tried a few things to help speed up the process. My bread wasn't raising as fast as I would have liked it to, so I dug out my electric heating pad that I use when my back bothers me. I turned it on to the lowest setting and set my dough bowl on top. It shot up amazingly fast!

When I make scones it's usually to go with Navajo Tacos and my Chili recipe. I like to make bigger scones so we only need to eat one with the meal. Awhile back in a conversation (I don't remember where) someone mentioned that people tend to eat things in twos. Made sense to me. I've started making things, like enchiladas, in smaller sizes. We still eat two, but now in smaller portions.

Tonight while making scones I decided to try the small size for two reasons. The above mentioned and I figured if I rolled out a really big one, I could then cut it out into portions. Wow, that was SO MUCH FASTER! They don't look perfect because some edges are round from the rolling pin and then the others are straight from the knife, but I think I cut my time in at least half.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tips! I need to try scones YUM!! I definitely have an extra heating pad I can spare for the rising thing!

    ReplyDelete