Monday, April 27, 2009

Chili

This is one of my favorite things to make!
It's not secret when we first got married, I was a horrible cook. Case in point - my first attempt at chili...tasted like refried beans. It was NOT what I wanted and it did NOT taste good on Navajo Tacos. After a few attempts, I just gave up.

UNTIL...

My mother in-law made Navajo Taco's for dinner while we were there and I helped make the chili. This is fail proof!
*I forgot to take a picture and since it's SO GOOD I don't have any left. Next time I make this I will take a picture and insert it here!

One Pot Chili
1 lb. hamburger
1 can red kidney beans with liquid
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can (14 oz.) tomato sauce
1/2 cup chopped onions
2 tablespoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
----------
Brown hamburger in a pot; drain. Mix together all the ingredients and cook until heated through.

I usually make this when we want Navajo Tacos. I use my bread recipe for the scones. I will post that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment