Thursday, October 6, 2011

Chocolate Ice Cream Roll

One of the ladies I work with brought this to work one day. It was so GOOD! I got a copy of the recipe from her, but then buried it in my drawer. I think its been in there for well over 2 years now. Seems like its time to finally get around to trying out this recipe myself.

Chocolate Ice Cream Roll
5 eggs
5 Tbsp. water
2 tsp. vanilla
1-1/4 cup sugar
1-3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
3-4 Tsp. cocoa
1/3 cup oil
--------
Beat the eggs, water, vanilla and sugar until foamy. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt and baking powder well. Then add to egg mixture. Combine the cocoa and oil and then mix into the egg mixture.

Flour and grease pan. Bake 10 minutes at 350°. Turn out on towel sprinkle with powdered sugar. Roll up in towel. Let cool. Slice ice cream and lay on unrolled cake. Re-roll. Cover with foil and freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment