Tuesday, June 9, 2009

This is how we do pizza

When I don't feel like cooking (or don't have the time) I use one of the old reliable out of the food section: Frozen pizza. I love pizza! And yet, there is always a problem...there isn't enough sauce. Everything else is fine, but I can never have enough sauce. So last week I fixed the problem.
You start with this:
Then add some of your favorite pizza toppings. Make sure you have a can of sauce! Our favorites our mushrooms, peppers, olives, pepperoni, Canadian Bacon, more cheese (sorry forgot to put that in the picture, use your imagination), and my personal favorite, pineapple.
Then you just make a pizza on top of your pizza! I start with sauce and cheese and then just pile things on.
I always have to make 2 pizza's; one with pineapple and one without. 
We have done this several times now, but always have the same two problems. The pizza is soggy and doesn't seem to cook all the way through. So we have decided that next time we do this we will cook the pizza according to package directions and then add all our extras and cook for another 5 - 10 minutes. I did try letting one pizza thaw while I cooked the first one, but I only have one pizza pan and when I went to put the thawed pizza on, it folded in half and I lost the toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment