Sunday, June 7, 2009

Impossible Cheeseburger Pie

I was cleaning out cupboards the other day trying to get ready for our upcoming yard sale (I'm am still not so ready!). I have tons and tons (and tons and tons) of cookbooks so I've been going through them trying to decide which ones I can part with. Seriously, I don't know why I keep buying cook books; I have my favorite and I stick with them. I've had some cook books since we married 8 years ago and I still haven't used them.

Anyways, back to my story. I found this recipe on an index card that I haven't seen for years. I was just going to throw it away, but decided to try it one more time. We forgot how much we enjoyed it. It was so good, so good that it is blog worthy. I added a few things and I am going include them here, but feel free to make it according to your taste.

Impossible Cheeseburger Pie
1 lb. ground beef
1 can tomato soup
onion
mushrooms
peppers
olives
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup shredded cheese
1/2 cup Bisquick mix
1 cup milk
2 eggs
----------
Brown meat & onion. Stir in salt. Spread in pie plate with tomato soup, mushrooms, peppers and olives. Sprinkle with cheese. Stir remaining ingredients until blended. Pour into pie plate. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment