Monday, February 2, 2009

Who is Sourbonk?

She is me! Sourbonk is actually two different names that I combined together. Years (and years) ago when I went to create an email address I wanted to be unique. To me that means it has to be something that is all me and it couldn't have any lines or numbers in it.

Sourbonk is actually 2 different nicknames. Sour was a nickname I had amongst my friends in Jr. High and into High School. It started with just me and one other friend, Sweet. We called ourselves "Sweet" and "Sour". I don't remember why, but I do know that my name was Sour because I liked sour candy. Eventually we added more to our group, although the only other one I can now remember is Sugar. But basically we stuck to food & tastes.

Bonk was my nickname growing up. My parents tell me that I learned to walk at a 10 months and I would "bonk" my head into EVERYTHING so they started calling me Bonk. Yes, my family still calls me by that name.

When I was creating my email account back in High School I couldn't find anything that I wanted. If I went with Bonk or Sour on their own I would have had to included numbers or lines like Bonk_1 or something like that. Finally in desperation (remember I was in high school at this time) I tried putting the names together and viola, Sourbonk was created.

No comments:

Post a Comment