Friday, February 20, 2009

Bacon Apple Cheese Sandwiches

I love love love these cheese sandwiches. I saw them on a TV show I used to watch all the time Real Simple. I love that show. I really need to find out when it is on these days so I can start watching it again. I found the directions for this sandwich on their website, but really I just use them as a general guideline. Here is how I make them.

Bacon Apple Cheese Sandwiches
French Bread
Cooked bacon
Green apple, peeled and thinly sliced
Provolone or cheddar cheese
----------
Slice and butter bread. On a grill lay the bread butter side down then a piece of cheese, bacon, apple, and another slice of cheese. Having cheese on both sides really helps to hold everything together. When the bottom is a nice golden brown, carefully flip the sandwich and cook on the other side.

The tricky part is flipping the sandwich so they don't fall apart. I use two spatulas. I put one under the sandwich and then the other on the top and then just maneuver until it is flipped.

The key thing I have learned is to make these sandwiches as thin as possible, because they kind of tear on the roof of your mouth. So when you slice the bread and the apples do it as small as you can, but still good enough to make a good sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment