Monday, February 9, 2009

No Dressing Please!

I am a picky, picky eater. So picky, that you could say that twice.
I am a picky, picky eater.
One thing that I will absolutely not eat is salad dressing. That stuff smells gross, looks gross, and tastes gross. So I stay clear of it.
Of course that can be a problem when we go out to eat. A few years ago we were at a work dinner and the waitress went around the room asking what kind of dressing everyone wanted. I told her none. She took that to mean no salad at all.
A few months ago we went out to dinner at a new restaurant. When I told her no dressing she asked if I wanted a lime instead. A lime? She thought it sounded like a good idea, so I tried it and I LOVED IT!
Now when ever we go out to eat and my dinner comes with a salad I ask for a couple wedges of lemons & limes. Do you know how many places DON'T have those! The waitress always will look at me funny and repeat my offer. So I guess I'm not also picky, I'm also UNIQUE in a freakish way.
This weekend we went to the Olive Garden. They usually just bring a big bowl with an already made salad with dressing already stirred in. So I told her now dressing and instead I wanted a lime & lemon. She must have not understood me because she asked if I wanted my dressing on the side. We got the best service out of her while I ate my salad. She kept checking back to see if I had changed my mind and did want dressing after all. It's so funny how people think they know what you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment