Thursday, April 9, 2009

Yogurt Cake

I was having a nice relaxing evening when I suddenly remembered...I have to bake a cake for a funeral tomorrow! We are leaving for St. George in the morning to go see my grandpa for Easter, so I needed to bake this cake now. These thoughts flew through my mind at 8:30.

When I started my cookbooks last October this recipe was the first one on my list. I LOVE THIS CAKE! It is so moist.

Yogurt Cake
1 pkg. white cake mix
1-1/4 cups water
1/3 cup oil
4 egg whites
3 yogurts (6 oz. each of the same flavor)
1 carton (8 oz.) whipped topping, thawed
----------
In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, egg whites and oil; beat on low speed for 3 minutes. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Fold in 1-1/2 cartons of yogurt.
Pour into a 13-in.x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Place remaining yogurt in a small bowl, fold in whipped topping. Spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator.

A few notes:
*We use lemon yogurt
*In the cookbook I made a typo on this recipe. Just beat the batter on low for 3 minutes, not 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment