Thursday, December 30, 2010

Carrot Supreme

Every year my employer does a Thanksgiving lunch the a few days before Thanksgiving. They provide the turkey and rolls and then everyone else signs up to bring a dish. A few of the employees don't get to choose what to bring because in years past they brought something so amazing that no one would forgive them if they didn't bring it the next year. Before the sign up sheet even gets to their desk, their names and signature dish have been added. I am one of the employees who gets to bring whatever I want each year because I've never made something THAT amazing. But one of the dishes that is a must each year is my supervisors Carrot Supreme dish. It is so YUMMY! Each year I ask him for the recipe, but then I usually loose it. So here it is so I can be able to find it and so you can enjoy it.

Carrot Supreme
2 cups carrots, sliced and cooked
3/4 cup liquid drained from carrots
1 Tbsp. minced onion
1-1/2 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. green pepper, cut fine
1 Tbsp. flour
4 Tbsp. cream or canned milk
---------
Cook onion and pepper in butter. Add flour, cream and liquid. Stir well until it boils (salt to taste). Place carrots into buttered casserole dish. Pour cream sauce over carrots. Cover top with buttered bread crumbs and bake at 20 minutes at 375°.

1 comment:

  1. My mom makes something similar to this that we have every year for Thanksgiving. It really is THAT good!

    ReplyDelete